Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Making baby food
I decided to make my own baby food. It seemed as if it was going to be cheaper and more fresh than food in jars. It has actually turned out to be really easy. So far I have made butternut squash, carrots, peas, bananas, pears, and nectarines. I have green beans and apples to make this week. Margot has enjoyed all of the food so far. She is a very good eater and will try anything new. The food has been super easy to make. I just steam it and use an emersion blender to puree. The food stays good in the freezer for 6 weeks so I can make a batch and have plenty for a while. I also bought a baby puree cookbook that has given me suggestions on other foods to try and what to mix together. I am very happy with the results so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment